One of the lovely people in the Declining to Fall telegram group (which you can join, by the way, by clicking the blue button to the right) has just brought to my attention an astonishing document titled Absolute Zero.
The title refers to the UK government’s ambition to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to zero by 2050, although it could just as easily refer to your projected happiness metric by that same year as life in the green utopia plans for will clearly be a miserable affair, to say the least.
For a start, you won’t be eating meat anymore, let alone ready meals; instead we’ll all be vegetarians. You won’t have a car, your house won’t be adequately heated, all your white goods will have shrunk, and there are to be no more holidays as there will be no airports. None. Oh, and don’t think about jumping aboard a boat either to escape fortress UK — all shipping is to be stopped.
Building will have effectively come to an end as the steel and cement industries are phased out, and any goods that are made will have to be manufactured using half the amount of materials, and expected (somehow) to last twice as long. In fact, the only thing there is going to be more of is windmills, thousands of them littering the landscape.
In short, we’re essentially going to be living like slum tenants, eking out a cold, joyless existence, foraging by day, trapping rats by night, pausing now and then to gaze upon the serried sentinel turbines as they spin to service the masters’ homes. So that’s something to look forward to.
The report’s copyright is held by the University of Cambridge, and the report was penned by academics from the universities of Bath, Cambridge, Nottingham, Strathclyde, Oxford and Imperial College, so at first I assumed it was merely some lefty professor’s wet dream, but no — the authors have detailed that it was in fact commissioned by the UK government and therefore constitutes a roadmap for the country for the next 20 years (it was published in November 2019).
“In her last significant act as Prime Minister, Theresa May changed the UK’s Climate Change Act to commit us to eliminating all greenhouse gas emissions in the UK by 2050. This decision is based on good climate-science, was a response to a great wave of social protest and has been replicated in 60 other countries already,” the authors wrote.
They later add: “The authors of this report are funded by the UK government to support businesses and governments (national and regional) to develop a future Industrial Strategy that’s compatible with Zero Emissions. To do that, we have to anticipate how we’ll make future goods and buildings, and also think about what performance we want from them.”
Their answer to that question is mostly “get rid of it.” In essence, their plan is to expand renewable energy output four-fold with the aim of meeting 60% of today’s energy use, and simply cutting the remaining 40% to bridge the gap. Of course it goes without saying that if the renewables don’t produce as much energy as anticipated, the cut back will have to be greater.
The authors assure us that the British people want this, evidenced, they say, by climate protestors. Y’know, those crusties who make a nuisance of themselves while ordinary people try to simply get on with their lives.
But of course most people don’t want this nonsense. Who would? And now we see why Covid was necessary. Who needs cars when you’re in lock-down? Who needs airports when going on holiday nets you a substantial fine? Why build new office blocks if no-one is going to use them?
If you’re thinking “well hang on, that’s a bit of a leap, we do need to do something about the environment!” take a watch of this video, helpfully dropped into the selfsame Telegram group (entirely coincidentally) by another friendly person, in which Tucker Carlson quotes Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization as saying: “The Covid-19 pandemic has given new impetus to the need to accelerate efforts to respond to climate change.”
Of course it has done no such thing.
The climate change scam is so well known by now – James Delingpole wrote his book ‘Watermelons’ detailing the Marxist underpinnings of the climate change industry some 11 years ago now – that I’m always genuinely surprised when i meet someone who thinks climate change is really A Thing.
But in our… what would you call it? Naivety? Those of us who knew it was a scam always blithely assumed that sooner or later the get-up would collapse under the weight of its own contradictions – namely, that no one would actually want a smaller fridge, vegetarian diet and to lose their car and would notice that the world hasn’t yet drowned under a rising sea – and that we would be able in time to just forget about the whole thing.
I guess we underestimated how committed the globalists are to their evil scheme.
Join in the conversation on the Declining to Fall Telegram group. We really are a friendly lot!